Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Abyss Rising

Nemessie
    Nemessie

Abyss Rising Empty Abyss Rising

Post  Nemessie Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:57 am

Abyss Rising is going to be the Set following Return of the Duelist. I am pretty sure most of you know what kind of cards Return of the Duelist will have, but I thought I would provide you with information about the cards (Xyz Monsters mostly) coming with Abyss Rising. I want the opinion of everyone on these new babies.

Abyss Rising BullBlader-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Bull Blader:During either player's turn, when an attack is declared involving this card and an opponent's monster: Neither player takes Battle Damage from this battle, and after damage calculation, destroy the monster this card was battling.

You might say it has the Anti-Meta element, it sure could fit in such decks.

Abyss Rising HeroicChampionKusanagi-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Heroic Champion - Kusanagi:3 Level 4 Warrior-Type monsters
    Once per turn, when a Trap Card is activated: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, this card gains 500 ATK.

Not a staple, not even close to it. It could however be somewhat useful in a 6 Sam Deck.

Abyss Rising HeroicChampionGandiva-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Heroic Champion - Gandiva:2 Level 4 Warrior-Type monsters
    Once per turn, when a Level 4 or lower monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy that monster(s).

Now this one sure is useful not just in 6 Sam but in HEROs too. Maybe not as much as Blade Armor Ninja or Excalibur, but it could come in handy against swarming decks.

Abyss Rising GagagaGunman-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Gagaga Gunman:2 Level 4 monsters
    Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; apply 1 of these effects depending on this card's battle position. ● Attack Position: This turn, during the Damage Step only, if this card attacks an opponent's monster, it gains 1000 ATK, and the attack target loses 500 ATK. ● Defense Position: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent.

Whatever you might say, this is more practical than Maestroke and could give the finishing blow without the risk of Mirror Force in a close duel.

Abyss Rising OneEyedSkillGainer-ABYR-JP-OP
    - One-Eyed Skill Gainer:3 Level 4 monsters
    You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up Xyz Monster your opponent controls; this card's name becomes that target's name, and it gains that target's effect(s). This effect can only be activated once while this card is face-up on the field.

Could mess the opponent up bad if you know how to use it.

Abyss Rising NumberC32SharkDrakeVice-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Number C32: Shark Drake Vice:4 Level 4 WATER monsters
    You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Number 32: Shark Drake" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and banish 1 monster from your Graveyard to target 1 face-up monster on the field; that target's ATK and DEF become 0 until your next End Phase. You must have 1000 Life Points or less to activate and to resolve this effect.

This is the Cover Card for the pack. Hard to summon, I want your opinions especially on this one.

Abyss Rising Tannh%C3%A4userGate-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Tannhauser Gate:Target 2 face-up monsters you control with 1000 or less ATK and the same Type; the Level of each target becomes equal to their combined original Levels.

Useful for Xyz Summoning, and can also make it a piece of cake for you to summon the next big guy.

Abyss Rising Number9CanopyStarDysonSphere-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Number 9: Canopy Star - Dyson Sphere:2 Level 9 monsters
    Once, during the Battle Step, when this card is targeted for an attack, while it has Xyz Materials: Negate that attack. When this card is targeted for an attack, while it has no Xyz Materials: You can target 2 monsters in your Graveyard; attach those targets to this card as Xyz Materials. If your opponent controls a monster whose ATK is higher than this card: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this turn, this card can attack your opponent directly.

First of all here, I want to say sorry to Reaper because I once showed him a fake version of this card - it was when none knew what cards Abyss Rising is going to have, so some guy made a fake version with 5000 ATK and DEF. This is a monster that, if it wasn't for Tannhauser Gate, it would not be worth summoning.

To summarize, I want your opinions about these. Which ones would be of use, which ones are not worth the pain. I am assuming Gagaga Gunman is gonna get the best comments, although many of them could be used as Siding options. Thank you for reading this.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Abyss Rising Empty Re: Abyss Rising

Post  tzaflidisp Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:04 am

I love the heroics and like the gagaga gunman and one-eyed skill gainer

why you havent post the other xyz of the abyss rising?
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:07 pm

It was not easy to write all these in the first place lol, and I did not mention the others because they are hard to summon.

But since you asked who am I to disobey you?

Abyss Rising MermailGaioabyss-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Mermail - Gaioabyss:2 Level 7 WATER monsters
    While this card is face-up on the field with Xyz Material, Level 5 or higher monsters cannot attack. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the effects of all monsters your opponent controls whose ATK are lower than this card's ATK, until the End Phase.

This guy was created for trolldecking. If a Chaos Dragons faces this guy the opponent will most likely do bad things to the PC.

P.S:You may notice this card is based on Poseidon.

Abyss Rising MagicalEmpressTris-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Magical Empress Sint Tris:2 Level 5 Spellcaster-Type monsters
    This card gains 300 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to monsters you control. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; shuffle your Deck, then reveal the top 5 cards of your Deck, and destroy monsters on the field up to the number of "Spellbook" cards revealed, then return those cards to the top of the Deck in any order.

To me, in a Magical Deck this card is OP. I mean, clean the opposing field AND choose what cards you will draw next? And then the opponent will have to re-construct his field and face a 2000+ beater? Which will most likely use its effect again later? I can see Konami has a reason for naming her Magical Empress.

BROOOOOKEEEN

Abyss Rising Broken_chain_iv

Last edited by Nemessie on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    WarierSolution
    WarierSolution
    Core Team Member

Post  WarierSolution Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:20 pm

really cool i especially like gagaga gunman
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:27 pm

I understand why you all like him, he has 2 effects, both useful, and he looks cool on his own.
    WarierSolution
    WarierSolution
    Core Team Member

Post  WarierSolution Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:22 pm

that and i dont like xyzs that riqure specific types of monsters to summon, and quick quetion howd u know about this pack, i couldnt find it on the website, yugioh-card.com
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Heheh I got my sources.

Oh oh and now that you mentioned it

Abyss Rising HighMedallionArts-ABYR-JP-OP
    - High Medallion Arts:Target 2 "Heraldic Beast" monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon those targets, then Xyz Summon using exactly those cards as Xyz Material.

Basically you got an Xyz Monster out of nothing, but the archetype is made of 2 monsters and the card was made to help get this big guy out.

Abyss Rising Number8HeraldryKingGenomeHeriter-ABYR-JP-OP
    Number 8: Heraldry King Genome Heriter:2 Level 4 "Heraldic Beast" monsters
    Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Xyz Monster your opponent controls; until the End Phase, this card's name and ATK become that target's name and ATK, and it gains that target's effects. Also, until the End Phase, that target's ATK becomes 0, and its effect(s) is negated.

Cool card and all, but with 2 Heraldry Beasts it is easier to summon Tiras. That is what High Medallion Arts are for, although this deck is not recommended.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:21 pm

WarierSolution wrote:that and i dont like xyzs that riqure specific types of monsters to summon, and quick quetion howd u know about this pack, i couldnt find it on the website, yugioh-card.com
    try on yugioh wikia and on shriek
    WarierSolution
    WarierSolution
    Core Team Member

Post  WarierSolution Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:12 pm

tzaflidisp wrote:
    WarierSolution wrote:that and i dont like xyzs that riqure specific types of monsters to summon, and quick quetion howd u know about this pack, i couldnt find it on the website, yugioh-card.com
    try on yugioh wikia and on shriek
    all right thanks man
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 am

Why hasn't Reaper said his opinion yet? Sad
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:49 am

Nemessie wrote:Why hasn't Reaper said his opinion yet? Sad
    Maybe his not interesting adout those monsters Cool Cool
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 am

He must have an opinion about the Yuma monsters, Bull Blader Gagaga Gunman and One-Eyed Skill Gainer.

P.S.: I am assuming some of you (and especially YOU tzaflidi) will find these pretty useful and that is one of the reasons I made this topic.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:50 am

of corse and i find them usefull i haven't say opposite Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:40 am

tzaflidisp wrote:of corse and i find them usefull i haven't say opposite Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What is your opinion on Kusanagi?
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:40 am

I have already say that i like the heroic monsters. Kusanagi is a very good xyz monster but it is very difficult to summon him even at the samurai you will think to place in the extra because he wants 3 warrior monsters of course the samurai they got no problem to summon him butthe question is are you ready to loose 3 monsters that will have at least 2100 atk for the kusanagi?
    I'm not sure for the work that he will do the effect seems the same as barkions the only difference is on the atk boost that Kusanagi has so for now at least i prefer barkion from kusanagi.
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:37 am

Sorry but he negates activations, does not destroy them. He is good only for the ATK bonus, I think and to confuse some traps. Maybe he could be a side card.

And I assume Gandiva is gonna get some good comments, especially for TGU, Rescue Rabbit, BW, GBs (Oh yeah especially against GBs), another 6S, Wind-Ups I am stopping it you got the meaning.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:52 am

Nemessie wrote:Sorry but he negates activations, does not destroy them. He is good only for the ATK bonus, I think and to confuse some traps. Maybe he could be a side card.

And I assume Gandiva is gonna get some good comments, especially for TGU, Rescue Rabbit, BW, GBs (Oh yeah especially against GBs), another 6S, Wind-Ups I am stopping it you got the meaning.

Agreed but i think that he isn't going to work at the gbs when he's gonna negate the trap if the opponent left him came on the field he will take the chariot if the opponent left him came on the field and if he escapes that then is gyzarus turn the six sams have a lot of ways to get him out of field at the wind ups if they do the loop thing on them 1st turn he isn't going to come if they don't do it any monster with 2500 atk is enough as for the other that you mansion i don't now the decks very well to have suggestion.
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:34 am

I am talking about Gandiva.

Abyss Rising HeroicChampionGandiva-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Heroic Champion - Gandiva:2 Level 4 Warrior-Type monsters
    Once per turn, when a Level 4 or lower monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy that monster(s).

Edit:Continuing now with some other cards.

Abyss Rising DeepSweeper-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Deep Sweeper:You can Tribute this card to target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

Not really useful, although it could work in an Umiiruka deck as a beatstick and a Backrow Popper.

Abyss Rising Mogumole-ABYR-JP-OP
    - Mogumole:When this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card in face-up Defense Position. Each player can only activate the effect of "Mogumole" once per Duel.

AWWWWW ain't he cute? Eh, sorry, let's proceed to the next one.

Abyss Rising HeroicChallengerExtraSword-ABYR-JP-OP
    Heroic Challenger Extra Sword:An Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card as an Xyz Material gains this effect.
    ● When it is Xyz Summoned: It gains 1000 ATK.

Not gonna say anything, I am just gonna let you imagine a Blade Armor Ninja/Excalibur with 2 Extra Swords attached. I don't know about you, I call this a Massacre.

Abyss Rising HeroicChallengerNightAttackCantera-ABYR-JP-OP
    Heroic Challenger Night Attack Cantera:At the start of the Damage Step, if this card attacks a Defense Position monster: Destroy that monster immediately (without damage calculation).

Mmmm, could clean the field from a few monsters like Spirit Reaper...Maybe combined with Book of Moon it could work better.

Abyss Rising DifferentDimensionTrench-ABYR-JP-OP
    Different Dimension Trench:When you activate this card: Banish 1 WATER monster from your hand, Graveyard, or side of the field. When this face-up card is destroyed: Special Summon the monster banished by this effect.

Tricky card, the reversed WATER version of Call of the Haunted. If you use an MST on it in a tough spot, it could buy you some time.

Abyss Rising ForgottenCapitalLemuria-ABYR-JP-OP
    Forgotten Capital Lemuria:This card's name is treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: While this card is face-up on the field, you can increase the Level of each WATER monster you control by the number of WATER monsters you control, until the End Phase.

Xyz Power Overflowing! PM me if you wish to learn a couple things about what Lemuria was.

Abyss Rising BubbleBringer-ABYR-JP-OP
    Bubble Bringer:Level 4 or higher monsters cannot attack directly. During your turn: You can send this face-up card on the field to the Graveyard to target 2 Level 3 or lower WATER monsters with the same name in your Graveyard; Special Summon those targets, but their effects are negated.

AArgh, the Xyz Power is too much I cannot hold it back.

Abyss Rising HeroicGift-ABYR-JP-OP
    Heroic Gift:If your opponent's Life Points are 2000 or less: Your opponent's Life Points become 8000, then draw 2 cards. You can only activate 1 "Heroic Gift" per turn.

No, Heroic is not the correct word to describe this. This is Epic. Epic Fail.

Abyss Rising HeroicAdvance-ABYR-JP-OP
    Heroic Advance:When a "Heroic" monster you control is targeted for an attack: Target 1 other Level 4 or lower "Heroic" monster you control; double that target's ATK until the end of the Battle Phase, change the attacking monster to your new attack target, and perform damage calculation. Neither monster is destroyed by this battle.

Have these guys ever heard of Magic Cylinder? No? Why am I not surprised?

That was all folks. No, these were not all the cards of Abyss Rising. I skipped the Archetype cards and the cards that are so useless they cannot be mained in a Tier 3+ Deck under any condition.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 am

oh sorry Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    I have confused yeah he's very useful against many type of decks specially agaist the rabbit he can destroy both monstes at once and he can be summoned very easy and he's effect is very very good the only thing that is against him is the decks that may play cards like dna surgery and change the type of the monsters. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:14 pm

That also stops all Heroic Champions + Blade Armor Ninja, plus those cards are pretty rare to find.

Edit: Now we may use this topic to talk about the use of each card, for us and for several deck types.

I may use One-Eyed Skill Gainer in my DW Side Deck so that if I take Skill Drain out ex. for a D.D. Crow I will put him in taking out Shark Drake.

About Gagaga Gunman, his style is nice, but he does not really fit in my deck that much...Maybe yes maybe no idk.

What about you Tzaflidi? How ru gonna use the Abyss Rising cards?
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:26 am

many of them have no use for me i would use some heroics on my six samurai the ganman i like him but i dont think that is so good to have him in the extra as for the one-eyed skill gainer he can get you out of a tight spot and i will use him for sure the other is to difficult to summon thats the reason why i would not use them

Last edited by Tzaflidisp on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:13 am

The set of abyss rising has been full announced these are some cards that i believe that they will be useful

Forbidden Garment
    Abyss Rising 300px-ForbiddenGarments-ABYR-JP-SR
    Target 1 face-up monster on the field; until the End Phase, it loses 600 ATK, but it cannot be targeted by or destroyed by card effects.

Retaliation
    Abyss Rising 300px-Retaliation-ABYR-JP-R
    When your opponent activates a card with the same name as a Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card, then you can add 1 card from your Graveyard with the same name as the destroyed card to your hand.

Unification of the Country
    Abyss Rising 300px-UnificationoftheCountry-ABYR-JP-C
    During each Standby Phase: The turn player targets 1 face-up monster they control; send all face-up monsters they control with a different LEVEL than the target to the Graveyard.

Cashback
    Abyss Rising 300px-Cashback-ABYR-JP-C
    When your opponent pays Life Points to activate a Spell, Trap, or card effect: Negate the activation, and if you do, shuffle it into the Deck.

Spell Explosion
    Abyss Rising 300px-SpellExplosion-ABYR-JP-C
    If a face-up Spell Card in your opponent's Spell & Trap Card Zone is sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 face-up monster on the field; destroy that target.

Magic Deflector
    Abyss Rising 300px-SpellDeflector-ABYR-JP-C
    This turn, negate the effects of Equip, Field, Continuous, and Quick-Play Spell Cards.

Memory of a Rival
    Abyss Rising MemoryofaFriend-ABYR-JP-C
    When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Take damage equal to that monster's ATK and banish that monster. During the End Phase of your opponent's next turn, Special Summon that banished monster to your side of the field.

Xyz Fierce Battle!!
    Abyss Rising 300px-XyzFierceBattle-ABYR-JP-C
    If an Xyz Monster you control is destroyed by battle: Pay 1000 Life Points; both players reveal 1 Xyz Monster from their Extra Decks with a lower Rank than the destroyed monster, and the player who revealed a monster with the lowest ATK takes damage equal to the difference between the ATK of the revealed monsters. If your opponent does not reveal an Xyz Monster, they take damage equal to your revealed monster's ATK.

Battle Break
    Abyss Rising 300px-BattleBreak-ABYR-JP-C
    When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Your opponent can reveal 1 monster in their hand to negate this card's effect, otherwise destroy the attacking monster and end the Battle Phase.

Mental Corruption
    Abyss Rising 300px-MentalCorruption-ABYR-JP-R
    Discard 1 monster to target 1 monster your opponent controls with the same Level as the discarded monster; take control of it until the End Phase.

Last-Moment Alignment
    Abyss Rising 300px-LastMomentAlignment-ABYR-JP-C
    Target 1 face-up Level 3 monster you control; Special Summon 1 monster from your hand or Graveyard with the same name as that target, but its effect(s) is negated. During the End Phase, that target is destroyed.

Gravity Blaster
    Abyss Rising 300px-GravityBlaster-ABYR-JP-C
    Equip only to a Machine-Type monster. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can have the equipped monster gain 400 ATK. If the equipped monster battles an opponent's monster, the effect(s) of your opponent's monster is negated.

Awakened Brave Warrior - Gagagigo
    Abyss Rising 300px-AwakenedBraveWarriorGagagigo-ABYR-JP-R
    3 Level 4 monsters

Snowdust Giant
    Abyss Rising SnowdustGiant-ABYR-JP-R
    2 Level 4 WATER monsters
    Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and reveal any number of WATER monsters in your hand; distribute an equal number of Ice Counters among face-up monsters on the field. While this card is face-up on the field, monsters with an Attribute other than WATER lose 200 ATK for each Ice Counter on the field.

Queen Madolche Tiaramisu
    Abyss Rising 300px-QueenMadolcheTiaramisu-ABYR-JP-SR
    2 Level 4 "Madolche" monsters
    Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target up to 2 "Madolche" cards in your Graveyard; shuffle those targets into the Deck, then shuffle the same number of cards your opponent controls into the Deck.

Houseduston
    Abyss Rising Houseduston-ABYR-JP-C
    When this face-up card on the field is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon any number of "Duston" monsters from your hand or Deck on either side of the field, but you must Special Summon the same amount on each side of the field.

Ice Spirit God - Moulin Glace
    Abyss Rising 300px-IceSpiritGodMoulinGlace-ABYR-JP-SR
    Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having exactly 5 WATER monsters in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can look at 2 random cards from your opponent's hand and discard them. If this card leaves the field, you cannot conduct your next turn's Battle Phase.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 pm