Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

LaDD vs Lightsworns, Pashuul and Spirit monsters

isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

LaDD vs Lightsworns, Pashuul and Spirit monsters Empty LaDD vs Lightsworns, Pashuul and Spirit monsters

Post  isaac879 Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:34 am

I was at my local store when a situation arose my opponent had LADD and I summoned Lyla and ended my turn, as far as I am aware Lyla will activate the effect to mill and be negated by LADD, then her effect will activate again and again until LADD cannot negate and I mill, but the judge said that he tought it would only activate once.

All the rulings I have looked up say that effects like Lightsworns,Pashuul and Spirit monsters will activate again if there activation is negate as they have not activated this turn. But this ruling seems strange because if chaos sorcerer is negate then by LADD then it cannot attack.

Has anyone found any official rulings on this that I could show the judge?

Also why do the lightsworn effects activate again when chaos sorcerer cannot attack?
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

LaDD vs Lightsworns, Pashuul and Spirit monsters Empty Re: LaDD vs Lightsworns, Pashuul and Spirit monsters

Post  Nemessie Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:44 am

As far as I know such effects attempt to activate only once, so LADD will negate it once and the milling will not occur. I am not 100% sure, Reaper will know better.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

LaDD vs Lightsworns, Pashuul and Spirit monsters Empty Re: LaDD vs Lightsworns, Pashuul and Spirit monsters

Post  tzaflidisp Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:25 am

The effect of the lyla will continue untill lad cannot negate any more.

Here is the link of that http://www.yugiohforums.com/showthread.php?t=27667
    isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Post  isaac879 Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:00 am

Tzaflidisp wrote:

The effect of the lyla will continue untill lad cannot negate any more.

Here is the link of that http://www.yugiohforums.com/showthread.php?t=27667

All the rulings I found said that but I need to know why it activates again? and if there are any official rulings on the judge forum or on the Yu-Gi-Oh site? I have checked and have not found any but I may have missed them.

Thanks for confirming it though.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:20 pm

Lyla, and Lightsworn monsters in general, mill in the End Phase. Light and Darkness Dragon only negates, it does not destroy. When you enter the End Phase, the LS monster will try to mill, and LaDD will negate it. Then that same LS monster will check again, and it will see that it is still in the End Phase, so it will try to mill again. And again, and again until it finally will mill in the end, since LaDD cannot negate it anymore.

Chaos Sorcerer is a totally different case. It is an optional effect that is up to you to activate, plus it says "Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field: banish that target. ". Since LaDD only negates the effect and doesn't destroy the monster, you have already "used up" your Sorcerer's attempt for an effect this turn, so 1) you cannot attempt it again, and 2) you forfeited your right to an attack.

Topic solved and locked.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:14 am