Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Weedy
Nemessie
singo94
Reaper of the Cards
8 posters

Forum changes effective September 1st

Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Forum changes effective September 1st Empty Forum changes effective September 1st

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:21 am

We all have noticed the status in which this forum is in. It is not bad, but it is not good either. So the Staff has decided in a major change, that will take place along with the new banlist in Sept. 1st. This change will include the following:

The inactive members will be deleted from the forum. The only ones that will remain after that cleaning are:

Reaper of the Cards
    A7
    Mits Lee
    Kowalski
    Dungeon Master
    Seal of Orichalcos
    Sylvvy
    Tzaflidisp
    d.gear3414
    isaac879
    Nemessie
    singo94
    The Master Duelist
    TheDeckGenius
    web kid 45
    Weedy
    wind-up_rabbit
    Zane Frost
    Zerato
    WarierSolution

Those will be put in a single category which will be called Team Members. Those are the members who have proven their worth in this team, and the ones that are always active. This category won't be closed, but a new screening procedure will be established about new additions in this category. Those are the members that will take part in wars and all other team events. Long story short, this will be the team. We have proven that we can run a forum/team successfully, and with the help of those members we have created a respectable Deck Library and a Rulings Section. We will continue to do so, but be more organized now.

This category is subject to changes until its application date. Also, the new members that have been added in the last days will also be considered if by the time we reach the application date they have displayed enough "interest" and "effort" towards the team.

Because of this new screening procedure, the role of the Testers is not obsolete. Staff positions names and roles will be reconfigured and re-distributed. Staff duties will be explained at that time. The new Staff positions will be:

Leader [2]
    Supervisor [2-3]
    Judge [1]
    War Coordinator [1]

Those positions will be distributed among members I will choose (who will probably not differ at all of the Staff members that exist now) and will be notified once the change is made. The total members count of this team/forum will drop, so hiring new Staff members will not be a priority for the near future.

The team will remain unofficial, since the roster posted above is a lot bigger than 13. So I hope that this will put an end to all the questions about the team becoming official, as long as to the joke of a subject, that the "turning the team official" has turned out to be.

The team will still accept new additions. But those members will be put in a different category, and this time they will have to prove their worth/dedication in order to be added to the team. The specific criteria are not yet decided but I'm thinking something along the lines of constant forum presence/contribution for about a month or so. And then the staff will decide their addition to the team or not.

The wins/loses condition is also abandoned. There will be no more additions for players with a negative win/lose ratio. This will be universal, and it is not negotiable.

This topic will remain open until Sept 1st, for fixes/discussion/ideas/suggestions.

Last edited by Reaper of the Cards on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:36 am; edited 5 times in total
    singo94
    singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Forum changes effective September 1st Empty Re: Forum changes effective September 1st

Post  singo94 Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:37 am

So are staff positions in this team closed or open. I didn't really understand that part. If you have explained it and I missed it sorry my bad.
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Forum changes effective September 1st Empty Re: Forum changes effective September 1st

Post  Nemessie Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:27 am

Really now Reaper? Wind-Up Rabbit? He has not been here for nearly a month. WarierSolution has not been here for 45 days, as for Zerato he has closed 2 months, and I am not commenting that he has not made a single post.
    Forum changes effective September 1st FTQs8

As for the team becoming official, I got an idea that may not be that good though. What do you say we split the team into 2 teams? They can be either the stronger members/the weaker members, or both teams will have pretty much equally strong members. PM me if you are interested for details.

P.S.:For the offline members, same goes for The Seal of Orichalcos, but I am not saying anything cuz hes a staff member.

Last edited by Nemessie on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:34 am

singo94 wrote:So are staff positions in this team closed or open. I didn't really understand that part. If you have explained it and I missed it sorry my bad.

Edited.

Nemessie wrote:Really now Reaper? Wind-Up Rabbit? He has not been here for nearly a month. WarierSolution has not been here for 45 days, as for Zerato he has closed 2 months, and I am not commenting that he has not made a single post. As for the team becoming official, I got an idea that may not be that good though. What do you say we split the team into 2 teams? They can be either the stronger members/the weaker members, or both teams will have pretty much equally strong members. PM me if you are interested for details.

P.S.:For the offline members, same goes for The Seal of Orichalcos, but I am not saying anything cuz hes a staff member.

I am not sure either about those first two (rabbit and warrier). I only put them in because of their past contribution. The members list I posted is subject to change. (This little detail has been added to the OP)

Zerato is a personal friend, and was not added to this team to post or anything. Hence the reason he will stay.

Seal is off limits.

The two-teams theory has been tested in the past in the form of a Main team and a "Daughter" team. It failed horribly. Sylvvy, Zane, A7 and Mits Lee were there, they can confirm that for me. So no, good idea, but not going to happen.
    singo94
    singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  singo94 Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Ok, cheers for clearing it up.
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:48 am

I posted 2 ideas about a 2nd team. I am not talking about HOD being the house and the 2nd team being the warehouse, I am talking about HOD being two houses. 2 equal or almost equal teams, that will be something like an alliance.

Or even better, the leader you will choose for the 2nd team could be your "subordinate" so that, by splitting the team in 2, we are only surpassing the 12 member rule. The forum will still be here, and you will still be basically the leader of the other team (talking about rights and powers).

Those are 2 ideas. Think of it. I really want the team to be official and I think others will want it too, so why not find a solution?

P.S.:And, I don't want to look like the person I am going to look like when I say this, but weedy has 450 wins and 462 losses, just saying.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Weedy is a team member since he manages the team's Youtube channel.

And no, there won't be two teams. Been there, done that. Didn't like it as well.
    Weedy
    Weedy
    Youtube Manager
    Youtube Manager

Post  Weedy Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Nemessie if this will make u feel better I'm gonna ask Reaper to make me just a forum member till i fix my score
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:59 pm

No lol I do not want that, I consider you a WAAY better duelist than those forum members. I do not wish for anyone what was happening to me. Besides, you are almost there. I was only curious to find out.

You are creative, your Red Nova deck rivaled my DW deck even though Red Nova is not Meta. You should be a Team Member, I only thought your score became negative recently and wanted to be fair towards others. Even that last post shows honour.
    Weedy
    Weedy
    Youtube Manager
    Youtube Manager

Post  Weedy Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:08 pm

my score was negative since always, as I get bored by a deck preety fast, when I'm going to master it I change it, and now I;m mostly dueling in unrated but in few hours I could fix it I think
    I have 3 accounts and over 60 decks I cant run all of them at their full pottentially
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:39 pm

This discussion ends here, the only one who decides who will stay and who will leave from here is Reaper. If you continue I will delete the posts that you will do or I will lock this topic.
    wind-up_rabbit
    wind-up_rabbit
    Core Team Member

Forum changes effective September 1st Empty wow boy

Post  wind-up_rabbit Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:37 am

im back and i like how u tried to poin me out nemessi -_- i left because i failed that rigged admin exam that i was studying very hard for.

Post  Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:29 pm

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I currently don't have internet and my phone has been off for a while. The internet situation is being changed hopefully soon. The only reason I wasn't able to test to be a team member before was because I wasn't able to find anyone on to test me. In light of this I hope that you my account just yet. If you do decide to I understand.
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:57 am

I am assuming that is ok but I don't think a single post can save you....Well, I can see that you care though, because even though you had only made 7 posts, you remembered this team.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:38 pm

There are certain members who belong in a "gray" zone right now. Those few will be put in a temporary group, and IF they continue being active on the forum/team, they will be transferred to the group everyone else will be.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:11 am

Changes are now complete.

• A new group has been created which is called "Core Team Members" and they are the ones who will form this team. They have proved themselves for months now, and they deserve a spot there.

• All other users are placed in a temporary group, called Forum Member Recruits. They will stay there until they are proven worthy (and active) to join the team.

• A7 has been promoted to a leader alongside me. He is now authorized to answer all kinds of questions like me, and his saying will hold the exact same "power" like mine.

• Mits Lee has been "transformed" into a War Coordinator. His rightful place, since he is the one who handles the wars, and since the tester group has been abandoned, this was his next thing.

• The supervisors group is now occupied by 3 members. I am thinking of adding a 4th, but I'm 50/50 yet. Also I would like an "official" answer from Ryouko, about her activity in the team and more specifically, in the Supervisor's position. I need to hear that she will remain active.

• There will be no more testing (dueling with testers) for new members. It was way too easy a way, and it didn't reflect if they were going to be (and stay) active or not. New members will now register, and be placed in the Forum Member Recruits group. If after a period of 2-3 weeks are still active, they will be upgraded to team members.

• Team events such as wars, in-team tournaments etc will take place only with the participations of the team members. Someone who doesn't belong in the Core Team Members group is unable to participate in any of these events.

• There is a new feature implemented in the forum. The news widget, in the top right corner of your screens. It will be updated periodically with announcements/news.

Foundwaldo
    Foundwaldo
    Core Team Member

Post  Foundwaldo Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:12 am

Wait Im gonna be deleted O_O
    singo94
    singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  singo94 Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:13 am

I'd like to be a supervisor if the position comes up. Thought I'd put myself out there Very Happy.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:54 am

Foundwaldo wrote:Wait Im gonna be deleted O_O

What?

singo94 wrote:I'd like to be a supervisor if the position comes up. Thought I'd put myself out there Very Happy .

I will consider it seriously.
    web kid 45
    web kid 45
    Core Team Member

Post  web kid 45 Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:58 am

Foundwaldo wrote:Wait Im gonna be deleted O_O

Your not gonna be deleted as you see your one of the core team members bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom bom
    Foundwaldo
    Foundwaldo
    Core Team Member

Post  Foundwaldo Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:43 am

x3 I would love to make some GFX for HOD
    Weedy
    Weedy
    Youtube Manager
    Youtube Manager

Post  Weedy Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:45 am

waldo i need some help, pls teach me how to edit pics
    Foundwaldo
    Foundwaldo
    Core Team Member

Post  Foundwaldo Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:50 pm

I use photoshop, What do you need help with?
    singo94
    singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  singo94 Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:10 am

Topic locked. Got to the chit-chat area for changing pics guys.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 am