Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Shonen Jump Promo

Dungeon Master
    Dungeon Master
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Shonen Jump Promo Empty Shonen Jump Promo

Post  Dungeon Master Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:26 am

How do you feel about this??
    the third god get a reprint!!
    Shonen Jump Promo Slifer
    TheDeckGenius
    TheDeckGenius
    Core Team Member

Shonen Jump Promo Empty Re: Shonen Jump Promo

Post  TheDeckGenius Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:35 pm

I actually support this, with torrential at 2, and various other traps out there I don't think handling him being special summoned will be too hard (it's no assault mode stardust) and yet the inability to negate it gives it viability against decks which don't run that much defense.

I think the card gives more viability to decks which have fast spam capacity (Agents, I'm looking at you).
    I also see a lot of capacity for this card to see play with call as a response. Oh you're you're going to bring piper out to try and plus? Call of the haunted Slifer. Oh, you're about to play monster reborn or call? Target? Less than 2k? Response call of the haunted target Slifer. Then sac it off before the end phase with something else after it stops your opponent from running over you that turn.
    A7
    A7
    Admin
    Admin

Post  A7 Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:55 pm

We just wait for The Creator God of Light, Horakhty so as to be able to make ourselves another fun deck...
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:16 am

I disagree with both of you. (And everyone else who says that Slifer is just fun deck material). The japanese Slifer (the effect version) is @ $20+. Not without reason. The other two had effects that prevented them of being useful for a long period in a duel, except of course if Obelisk was summoned by using Hardened Armed Dragon as a tribute material. But Slifer does. His "second mouth" effect is a very annoying one, which if not negated prevents the opponent from summoning at all. Even a BLS will have a hard time beating Slifer through battle, even in Slifer's controller only has 1 card in his hand!

Hardened Armor can be used here of course, giving Slifer the immunity to destruction effects. But what about this? A Slifer tributed summoned using a Hardened Armed Dragon, and equipped with a Safe Zone...? You have immunity to destruction effects by Hardened (including Safe Zone's destruction effect if it breaks) and you have Safe Zone's untargetability, and destruction by battle immunity as well. All these along with its last trigger eff, make is a tad difficult to be removed from the field...!
    TheDeckGenius
    TheDeckGenius
    Core Team Member

Post  TheDeckGenius Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:58 am

A good argument, but I think ultimately any good deck is going to stop you from getting that set up. Once that set up is achieved, a simple mst or back row hit will set slifer up for a d prison, or a BLS/chaos removal, or a mind control, or a creature swap...or a

Sorry, but the list goes on and on here. I see too many modern ways to make it as powerful as you state.
    The only way to run this card (and I mean the only way) to make it efficient is in a build which is spamming the field full of lowby tribute fodder.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:52 am