Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
singo94
kowalski
Nemessie
Seal of Orichalcos
8 posters

Team going Official

Poll

Do you want the team to become official? (Based on what you read below)

[ 16 ]
    Team going Official Bar_left84%Team going Official Bar_right [84%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Team going Official Bar_left16%Team going Official Bar_right [16%] 

Total Votes: 19
    Seal of Orichalcos
    Seal of Orichalcos
    Admin
    Admin

Team going Official Empty Team going Official

Post  Seal of Orichalcos Thu May 10, 2012 6:13 am

There have been many talks about whether this team will someday become official or not. So this topic is created, to gather all opinions, and only after that, an official decision will be made.

Make sure you read below, and read carefully. You opinions are the ones that will determine the result.

Making the team official will result in a couple of things. These are:

1. The members will be separated into 3 groups.

Official team members: The 13 members that are necessary in order for the team to become official. 13 is the maximum number of allowed members. Among them will be the staff members of this team. Those members will be the ones that will be allowed to take part in official wars and/or official events. They will be decided via in-team tournaments called "HOD's Official Members Tournaments" or [HOMT], which will take place every few months (2 or 3). Official team members can be changed if necessary.

Unofficial team members: All the rest team members. People who are currently team members, but not managed to get in the top positions in the tournament we will host ("HOD's Official Members Tournaments" or [HOMT]) to decide who the official members will be. Not allowed to participate in official DN events. They will be able to participate in all unofficial events though, like unofficial team wars and in-team tournaments. They will be given the chance every few months to be upgraded to official team members via the tournament I mentioned above.

Forum members: The members that do not have the proper win/lose ratio to apply for team members. They will remain forum members until they fix their scores. Then they can apply for unofficial team members first, and then they will have the right to participate in the "HOD's Official Members Tournament" [HOMT] in order to claim a spot among the 13 official team members.

2. The forum and the team will abide by DN's official team policy, wherever that affects forum use.

Keeping the team unofficial will result to:

None major changes. Members will continue to be separated by forum members, and will be able to take part in any team event. All team events will continue to be unofficial. Forum members will still be able to apply for team members once their score is fixed.

Please take a moment to read the things above, and post a well-thought answer. Posts not directly related to the opening post will be deleted instantly.

-Seal of Orichalcos-
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Team going Official Empty Re: Team going Official

Post  Nemessie Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Has this already begun working? Also, when you say every few months how many months do you mean?
    Seal of Orichalcos
    Seal of Orichalcos
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Seal of Orichalcos Thu May 10, 2012 1:01 pm

Divinity wrote:Has this already begun working? Also, when you say every few months how many months do you mean?

I am asking something specific. Tell me your opinion on the matter. Tell me a yes or no, just justify it along the way. The months issue is edited and now available, the only thing that kept your post from being deleted. Please reply only to what I'm asking. Thank you.

-Seal of Orichalcos-
    kowalski
    kowalski
    Judge
    Judge

Post  kowalski Mon May 14, 2012 9:29 am

I voted for the team to become official. The team has potential and strong players, I do not see why we shouldn't. More specifically:
    Seal of Orichalcos wrote:
    Unofficial team members: All the rest team members. People who are currently team members, but not managed to get in the top positions in the tournament we will host ("HOD's Official Members Tournaments" or [HOMT]) to decide who the official members will be. Not allowed to participate in official DN events. They will be able to participate in all unofficial events though, like unofficial team wars and in-team tournaments. They will be given the chance every few months to be upgraded to official team members via the tournament I mentioned above.
    This is a very interesting idea and i'm sure it will help in order for balance to be kept in the team

Seal of Orichalcos wrote:Forum members: The members that do not have the proper win/lose ratio to apply for team members. They will remain forum members until they fix their scores. Then they can apply for unofficial team members first, and then they will have the right to participate in the "HOD's Official Members Tournament" [HOMT] in order to claim a spot among the 13 official team members.
    Since I'm not a fan of DN's ratings system I would replace the phrases "win/loss ratio" with "skill/experience" and "fix their scores" with "become better players/more experienced". Any non-skilled player could make a rabbit deck, play first game only and then quit after that, easily raising up their wins in order to get in the team while gaining zero experience in the game. I don't see how players like these would help the team.

Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Mon May 14, 2012 9:43 am

kowalski wrote:I voted for the team to become official. The team has potential and strong players, I do not see why we shouldn't. More specifically:
    Seal of Orichalcos wrote:
    This is a very interesting idea and i'm sure it will help in order for balance to be kept in the team

Seal of Orichalcos wrote:Forum members: The members that do not have the proper win/lose ratio to apply for team members. They will remain forum members until they fix their scores. Then they can apply for unofficial team members first, and then they will have the right to participate in the "HOD's Official Members Tournament" [HOMT] in order to claim a spot among the 13 official team members.
    Since I'm not a fan of DN's ratings system I would replace the phrases "win/loss ratio" with "skill/experience" and "fix their scores" with "become better players/more experienced". Any non-skilled player could make a rabbit deck, play first game only and then quit after that, easily raising up their wins in order to get in the team while gaining zero experience in the game. I don't see how players like these would help the team.

Seconded. Although I will have to say I voted for the team not to become official. That was because I am afraid this will divide the HOD members.
    singo94
    singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  singo94 Mon May 14, 2012 11:23 am

Yes, but the official and unofficial team should duel to see who goes into who. Should be random assigning of duelists against each other made by the owner as he gets automatic official as its his team.
    Weedy
    Weedy
    Youtube Manager
    Youtube Manager

Post  Weedy Sun May 27, 2012 7:01 am

So, are we going official or not??
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sun May 27, 2012 8:06 am

Nowhere near a satisfying number of votes. The majority of team members haven't voted yet. So not yet.
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Sun May 27, 2012 10:00 am

Will the "over 50%" win or do the positive votes need something like "over 75%" to win?
    Ryouko
    Ryouko
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  Ryouko Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:26 pm

hasn't the limit of team members dropped to 10 now?
    Weedy
    Weedy
    Youtube Manager
    Youtube Manager

Post  Weedy Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:09 am

let`s make this team official, probably the number of votes will never reach the number that Reaper's thinking about
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:16 am

Which is pretty much what I said earlier today in this topic:

http://teamhordesofdarkness.virtuaboard.com/t364-unclear-about-this

web kid 45
    web kid 45
    Core Team Member

Post  web kid 45 Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:09 am

It would be a good idea to make this team official since there are many strong players here and that we may e able to war more teams since were an official team
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:31 am

Then let me make this crystal clear for you.

All members that give a f*ck have given their votes. They want the team to be official, but due to a large number of members having forgotten they actually have an account here, we will not become official. From now on, no matter what a single member says, it is up to the leaders to make the team official.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:32 am