Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Stardust after starlight road, and thunder king rulings

Stardust after starlight road, and thunder king rulings Empty Stardust after starlight road, and thunder king rulings

Post  Guest Tue May 29, 2012 12:12 pm

I heard you cannot bring back Stardust after it negates something after being special summoned by Starlight Road. Is this true? Also, what can and cant Thunder King negate, special summon wise?
    singo94
    singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Stardust after starlight road, and thunder king rulings Empty Re: Stardust after starlight road, and thunder king rulings

Post  singo94 Tue May 29, 2012 12:17 pm

True on stardust because you ss by a trap not by synchro so you don't gain the effect of bringing him back as that counts as a special summon and he can only be special summoned after if he was originally summoned my synch. With rai-oh i think its if it doesnt start a chain when it ss itself. It cant negate cards that have the effect of ss a monster like monster reborn. I also thought it cant negate a Special Summon which occurs during the resolution of an effect which activates. If im wrong please someone correct me.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Stardust after starlight road, and thunder king rulings Empty Re: Stardust after starlight road, and thunder king rulings

Post  Reaper of the Cards Tue May 29, 2012 2:24 pm

singo94 wrote:True on stardust because you ss by a trap not by synchro so you don't gain the effect of bringing him back as that counts as a special summon and he can only be special summoned after if he was originally summoned my synch. With rai-oh i think its if it doesnt start a chain when it ss itself. It cant negate cards that have the effect of ss a monster like monster reborn. I also thought it cant negate a Special Summon which occurs during the resolution of an effect which activates. If im wrong please someone correct me.

Correct in both accounts.

1. Starlight Road special summons, doesn't synchro summon. So Stardust wasn't synchro summoned properly, so it can't be reborned.

2. Rai-Oh negates inherent special summons. Not special summons that happen from another card's effect (Monster Reborn, Mystic Tomato, Call of the Haunted), or special summons that are the result of a resolving effect (Gorz, Tragoedia, Battle Fader).

Topic solved and locked.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:53 am