Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Thunder King Rai-Oh VS Forbidden Chalice (I would like a verdict on this.)

TheDeckGenius
    TheDeckGenius
    Core Team Member

Thunder King Rai-Oh VS Forbidden Chalice (I would like a verdict on this.) Empty Thunder King Rai-Oh VS Forbidden Chalice (I would like a verdict on this.)

Post  TheDeckGenius Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:41 pm

I recently saw this video on Youtube discussing a play that happened.
    The second half of the video is irrelevant, the core of this question is the first half.

Can a thunder king, affected by forbidden chalice use its effect to negate the special summon of a monster under the premise that as a cost it sends itself and resolves in the grave?
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Thunder King Rai-Oh VS Forbidden Chalice (I would like a verdict on this.) Empty Re: Thunder King Rai-Oh VS Forbidden Chalice (I would like a verdict on this.)

Post  Reaper of the Cards Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:22 am

"AND THUNDER KING'S EFFECT ACTIVATES IN THE GRAVEYARD"!!!!! Is this guy for real??? Thunder King activates on the field and if Chalice is used on Thunder King and Thunder King will later try to use its effect, it will tribute itself being the cost but the effect will be negated!!!

This other kid was giving him the best example ever, Effect Veiler VS Exiled Force, which is listed in Veiler's rulings in wikia.

That video made my day. A so trivial ruling getting a youtube video over some butthurt guy's inability to accept it. Well, noobs exist and they will always exist.

TheDeckGenius
    TheDeckGenius
    Core Team Member

Thunder King Rai-Oh VS Forbidden Chalice (I would like a verdict on this.) Empty Re: Thunder King Rai-Oh VS Forbidden Chalice (I would like a verdict on this.)

Post  TheDeckGenius Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 am

That's what I thought. When I was watching the video the first thing that popped into my head was exiled force. But then later he used Exiled force and said the comparison didn't work.

I was trying to be open minded even though I thought the kid was wrong.
    Thanks for finalizing that.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:04 am

Changing the title to match the rest of the topics in here, and locking it as it is answered.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:10 am