Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Inzektor Rulings

Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Inzektor Rulings Empty Inzektor Rulings

Post  Reaper of the Cards Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:38 pm

- Increasing the equipped monster's Level is treated as the effect of an Equip Spell card.

- Destroying a monster with "Hornet's" effect is considered a destruction from an equip spell card. Therefore the monster can be saved by chaining "Forbidden Lance" to "Hornet's" effect.

- By chaining "Forbidden Lance" to "Dragonfly" when it tries to equip an "Inzektor" on it, it only negates the equipped monster's effect to increase the level or the attack of the monster it is equipped to. An equipped "Hornet" can still activate its effect to blow a card up, even if "Dragonfly" is affected by "Forbidden Lance". And "Dragonfly" will get its effect to special summon another "Inzektor" from the deck.

- The effect to equip an "Inzektor" monster from the Hand or Graveyard does not target.

- If multiple copies of this card are equipped, the effects of each of them are applied.

- The effect to Special Summon an "Inzektor" monster from the Deck cannot be activated during the Damage Step.

- The effect to Special Summon an "Inzektor" monster from the Deck can be activated even if the equipped card is sent to the Graveyard as a cost to activate an effect.

- If "Inzektor Dragonfly" is equipped with 2 Equip cards, and they are both destroyed simultaneously by the effect of "Heavy Storm", the effect of "Inzektor Dragonfly" only activates once, and only 1 monster can be Special Summoned from the Deck.

- If "Inzektor Dragonfly" is equipped with 2 Equip cards, "Hornet" and "Inzektor Giga-Mantis", then "Hornet" can be used to destroy the equipped "Inzektor Giga-Mantis", so "Inzektor Giga-Mantis" will special summon another "Inzektor" from the graveyard, and "Dragonfly" will special summon 2 "Inzektors" from the deck.

- Even If "Necrovalley" is active, the effect of "Inzektor Dragonfly" can be activated, but the only Inzektor monsters that can be equipped to "Inzektor Dragonfly" are Inzektor monsters in the Hand. Therefore, if "Necrovalley" is active and "Inzektor Dragonfly" activates its effect, it cannot select an Inzektor monster from the Graveyard.

- If "Inzektor Dragonfly" has equipped itself with "Inzektor Hornet", and "Fiendish Chain" is activated, the effect to equip itself with Inzektor monsters is negated, and "Inzektor Hornet" can no longer be treated as an Equip Spell card. Therefore, "Inzektor Hornet" is sent to the Graveyard.

- Inzektor Giga-Mantis: In the case in which Inzektor Giga-Mantis is equipped to Inzektor Dragonfly and both are destroyed simultaneously by the effect of Black Rose Dragon, the effect of Inzektor Giga-Mantis can be activated.However, the effect of Inzektor Dragonfly cannot be activated.

Last edited by Reaper of the Cards on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:45 am; edited 4 times in total
    kowalski
    kowalski
    Judge
    Judge

Inzektor Rulings Empty Re: Inzektor Rulings

Post  kowalski Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:56 am

I wish everyone who runs them knew at least their basic rulings. Duelingnetwork moment:

Him: Summons Dragonfly and activates effect while having a hornet in grave.
    Me: Chains D.D. Crow
    Him: Stays put doing nothing
    Me: You still have to resolve effect equipping an inzektor from your hand
    Him: What if I don't have one?
    Me: Then you have to show hand to confirm
    Him: LOL, you are funny...

No comments. I mean really, how hard is it to read your damn rulings before using a deck?
    A7
    A7
    Admin
    Admin

Post  A7 Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 am

Really hard apparently...

The funny thing is that this is all about rulings of cards that THEY play in THEIR decks...not some random rulings of cards they should face in other players' decks...

Kouragio my dear friend... Neutral
    isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Inzektor Rulings Empty Inzektor rulings.

Post  isaac879 Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:42 am

I was playing in a local Yu-Gi-Oh tournament there was about 17 people I was using my Inzektor deck and I had dragonfly equipped with hornet and giga-mantis, I used hornet to destroy giga-mantis so I should get two summones off dragonfly and one from giga-mantis. The judge said that I would only get one summon from dragonfly because you can only use its effect once in a chain. I have never heard of that rule, is he wrong? And are there any official rulings on this that I could show him to prove that you can summon twice from dragonfly?
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:48 am

isaac879 wrote:I was playing in a local Yu-Gi-Oh tournament there was about 17 people I was using my Inzektor deck and I had dragonfly equipped with hornet and giga-mantis, I used hornet to destroy giga-mantis so I should get two summones off dragonfly and one from giga-mantis. The judge said that I would only get one summon from dragonfly because you can only use its effect once in a chain. I have never heard of that rule, is he wrong? And are there any official rulings on this that I could show him to prove that you can summon twice from dragonfly?

When Inzektor Hornet is sent from the field to the Graveyard as cost, Dragonfly's effect can be activated once, during the resolution of Hornet's effect, and because Inzektor Giga-Mantis gets destroyed, the effect of Dragonfly can be activated once again. So the effect of Giga-Mantis destroyed by Inzektor Hornet, and the two effects of Dragonfly that were activated (so yes, 2 from Dragonfly), are to be put in a chain to resolve, and you get to choose the chain links (the order).

Furthermore, Dragonfly's effect may be optional but it is "mandatory-optional" by being written with "If... you can..." and not "When... you can...", so it cannot miss its timing.

Bad judge, bad!

Post  Guest Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:43 am

Thx for info..
    kowalski
    kowalski
    Judge
    Judge

Post  kowalski Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:46 am

Reaper of the Cards wrote:
    - If "Inzektor Dragonfly" is equipped with 2 Equip cards, and they are both destroyed simultaneously by the effect of "Heavy Storm", the effect of "Inzektor Dragonfly" only activates once, and only 1 monster can be Special Summoned from the Deck.

- If "Inzektor Dragonfly" is equipped with 2 Equip cards, "Hornet" and "Inzektor Giga-Mantis", then "Hornet" can be used to destroy the equipped "Inzektor Giga-Mantis", so "Inzektor Giga-Mantis" will special summon another "Inzektor" from the graveyard, and "Dragonfly" will special summon 2 "Inzektors" from the deck.

These 2 are actually very interesting rulings and I came across them during a call. Someone claimed that if hornet popped a giga mantis, then dragonlfy would special summon only 1 monster, similarly to when it does with the heavy storm case (we failed to see the exact next ruling so i had to figure out why he was wrong by myself though Razz)

The reason is, that in the heavy strom case, all equip cards are destroyed at the same time, so Dragonfly's effect condition (if an equip card that is equipped to this card is sent to the...) happens only once. However, when it is equipped with both hornet and Giga mantis and the former pops the latter, dragonfly's effect condition occurs 2 and seperate times (1st when hornet sends itself to grave and 2nd when giga is destroyed by hornet)
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:10 am

Reaper of the Cards wrote:

That's because the equip cards were destroyed at the same time, and the effect of dragonfly is "If an Equip Card(s)", correct?

Furthermore, this ruling answers the big question, "Are Equip Cards treated as Spell Cards?"

And now another question. Photon Strike Bounzer negates the activation of an effect monster's effect. Does that mean he negates the effects of cards like the Dark Worlds?

kowalski
    kowalski
    Judge
    Judge

Post  kowalski Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:44 pm

In Hornet's case yeah, he is treated as a spell card, but not all equip cards are treated as such. An example of that is Horn Of The Phantom Beast.

Photon Strike Bounzer negates the activation of an effect monster on your opponent's side of the field. Dark Worlds are not there when their effects activate, so Bounzer cannot do anything against them
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:37 am

Some guy used that tactic and I was not 100% sure if I should call an admin so I let it go and that ******* beat me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:35 am