Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

NEW AND IMPORTANT GAME CHANGES!!!

Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

NEW AND IMPORTANT GAME CHANGES!!! Empty NEW AND IMPORTANT GAME CHANGES!!!

Post  Reaper of the Cards Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:56 pm

FAST EFFECT TIMING

Fast effects & Timing

Fast effects are card activations and effects with a Spell Speed of 2 or higher, including monster Quick Effects, Quick-Play Spell Cards, and Trap Cards (which includes both activating Trap Cards, and activating the effects of things like Continuous Trap Cards).

Fast effects can be activated by either player – even during their opponent’s turn, as long as the conditions are appropriate. When both players want to activate fast effects at the same time, they are placed on a Chain (see pages 38-41 of the v8.0 rulebook).

Sometimes, it can make a big difference WHO places their fast effect on the Chain first. This guide will help you figure out who, at any point in time, has the chance to activate the next fast effect (in other words, who gets to “go next”).

Usually, the turn player has the chance to “go next” and activate the next fast effect.

However, during a Chain, the chance to go next passes back and forth between players. (Chain rules: see pages 38-41 of the v8.0 rulebook.)

Also, if the turn player doesn’t wish to take any actions, and instead wants to move along in the turn (for example, to the next Step or Phase), the opponent has an opportunity to go next, and activate a fast effect, before the turn proceeds.

Follow the chart at the bottom to see which player can “go next” regarding fast effects.

Turn Player Actions

Each Phase and Step starts with the turn player in box A of the chart listed below. This is when the game state is “open”, meaning the turn player has complete freedom of action.

Many actions can ONLY be performed when the game state is open (when you’re in box A). Examples:

Normal Summon (including Tribute Summon)
    Set a card
    Perform a Special Summon that does not start a Chain (including Xyz Summon, Synchro Summon)
    Change a monster’s Battle Position
    Attempt to move to the next Phase/Step
    Draw a card for your normal draw during the Draw Phase
    Declare an attack
    Activate an Ignition Effect
    Activate a Spell Speed 1 Spell Card

If the game state is “open”, the turn player may perform any of the above actions that is appropriate. They can also choose to activate a fast effect, if they wish.

When Is the Game State No Longer “Open”?

Whenever either player performs an action, the game state is no longer open.

How Do I Make the Game State “Open” Again?

Basically, when nothing is going on, and neither player wishes to do anything, the game state goes back to being “open”.

Technically, this means:

IF the Turn Player has the chance to activate the next fast effect
    AND the turn player passes to the opponent
    AND the opponent then passes back
    AND no Chain is currently being formed

…then the game state is open again.

How Does the Turn Move to the Next Phase or Step?
    If the game state is open, and the turn player chooses not to do anything, and the opponent waives the chance to activate a fast effect, and both players agree to have the turn proceed, then you move to the next Phase or Step.

NEW AND IMPORTANT GAME CHANGES!!! Table1

NEW AND IMPORTANT GAME CHANGES!!! T-Flowchart_EN-US

THAT MEANS, NO IGNITION EFFECT PRIORITY!!! BYE BYE RESCUE RABBIT!!!
    singo94
    singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

NEW AND IMPORTANT GAME CHANGES!!! Empty Re: NEW AND IMPORTANT GAME CHANGES!!!

Post  singo94 Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:30 pm

THANK GOD! bounce bounce bounce
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:09 am

Wait the chart states that in an open game state only the turn player has the right to perform an action so in an open game state the turn player does have the priority to activate ANY monster effect. So why bye bye rescue rabbit?
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:08 am

An open game state is when no one activates nothing. When rescue rabbit is summoned, if I have a veiler on the field and I want to respond to that summon by veiler, in the past I couldn't do it unless the turn player has passed me priority, after activating rabbit's effect (by that time, veiler was useless).

Now for the game state to be open, turn player has to summon rabbit, pass priority to me to respond to that summon (he can not activate rescue rabbit's effect yet) and if I pass back then AND ONLY THEN the game state is open.

The moment when you both just "sit" in the main phase and doing nothing, and nothing is going on, that's the open game state.

I can't put is simpler than this.
    Ryouko
    Ryouko
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  Ryouko Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:55 am

xD

good veiler, go kill rabbit :3
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:54 am

Oh I get it because then the turn player only has the priority to activate a quick effect. But then, I will have to make an example to see if it works this way:
    Me: Has an active Dimensional Fissure and a Set Karma Cut.
    He: Tunes and Synchro Summons Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier.
    Me: Activates Karma Cut, Discarding 1 card and banishing Brionac.
    He: States that he activates his effect first, since he has the priority.

This resulted in an admin call. The admin said that although he discarded swift scarecrow which is banished due to fissure so the effect cannot be activated that way, he also said that he did have the priority to activate his effect first. So, from now on, can I activate Karma Cut before the effect of Brionac? Is it the same case? And is there any way to respond to rabbit except veiler?
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:18 am

Divinity wrote:Oh I get it because then the turn player only has the priority to activate a quick effect. But then, I will have to make an example to see if it works this way:

This resulted in an admin call. The admin said that although he discarded swift scarecrow which is banished due to fissure so the effect cannot be activated that way, he also said that he did have the priority to activate his effect first. So, from now on, can I activate Karma Cut before the effect of Brionac? Is it the same case? And is there any way to respond to rabbit except veiler?

If the admin said that the Brionac owner could activate Brionac's effect using turn player priority, this one needs to do some serious homework.

Yes you can activate Karma Cut as a response to Brionac's summon without your opponent being able to activate Brionac's effect as chain link 1 anymore.

Good cards VS Rescue Rabbit:

Effect Veiler
    Enemy Controller
    Super Polymerization
    Book of Moon

Torrential Tribute
    Karma Cut
    Raigeki Break

Note that cards like Skill Drain and Fiendish Chain resolve as always, meaning that they can't still negate Rabbit. They both need the monster in question to remain face-up on the field at effect resolution. So if a player summons a Rescue Rabbit and opponent responds with a Fiendish Chain, the rabbit owner can then tribute it and activate its effect properly, since it is a cost to tribute, and it doesn't remain on the field during effect resolution.
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:56 am

Reaper of the Cards wrote:
    Divinity wrote:Oh I get it because then the turn player only has the priority to activate a quick effect. But then, I will have to make an example to see if it works this way:

If the admin said that the Brionac owner could activate Brionac's effect using turn player priority, this one needs to do some serious homework.

Yes you can activate Karma Cut as a response to Brionac's summon without your opponent being able to activate Brionac's effect as chain link 1 anymore.

Good cards VS Rescue Rabbit:

Effect Veiler
    Enemy Controller
    Super Polymerization
    Book of Moon

Torrential Tribute
    Karma Cut
    Raigeki Break

Note that cards like Skill Drain and Fiendish Chain resolve as always, meaning that they can't still negate Rabbit. They both need the monster in question to remain face-up on the field at effect resolution. So if a player summons a Rescue Rabbit and opponent responds with a Fiendish Chain, the rabbit owner can then tribute it and activate its effect properly, since it is a cost to tribute, and it doesn't remain on the field during effect resolution.

1st of all, Rescue Rabbit is not Tributed. It is banished. 2nd, I do not understand the concept of your last paragraph. There is this thing that is not clear to me. Even if the effects of a face-up monster are negated by Skill Drain, can that monster still activate an effect that requires to tribute it?

example: Player A controls Exiled Force.
    Player B controls a face-up Skill Drain.

Exiled Force's effects are negated. Tributing it even though it being a cost is still a part of its effect, that is negated. How come it gets to activate this part of its effect, and subsequently the whole effect?

And if Player A controls Rescue Rabbit instead and Player B discards Effect Veiler, is Player A able to banish Rescue Rabbit without Summoning the two Dinosaurs?

Υ.Γ. In my Dino Deck I have Kabazauls and Sabersaurus. It happens many times to draw 2 Kabazauls or Sabersauri and thus not be able to activate the effect of Rescue Rabbit, or some other times it happens to be lucky and get 3 Rescue Rabbits in the hand(by means of Sangan and Pot of Duality), thus rendering the 3rd one useless. Is Two-Headed King Rex considered a good addition to this Deck?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:24 am

thank you ^^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:31 am