Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Battle Fader VS Torrential Tribute

Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Battle Fader VS Torrential Tribute Empty Battle Fader VS Torrential Tribute

Post  Reaper of the Cards Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Wikia says:

"When you resolve the effect of "Battle Fader" you Special Summon "Battle Fader" and then end the Battle Phase. "Torrential Tribute" cannot be activated because ending the Battle Phase is the last thing to happen."
    isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Battle Fader VS Torrential Tribute Empty Re: Battle Fader VS Torrential Tribute

Post  isaac879 Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:20 am

I it is funny you should put this ruling on here because a similar situation arose in a game I was watching last night with battle fader and heroic champion gandiva.

Heroic champion gandiva:
    2 Level 4 Warrior-Type monsters
    Once per turn, when a Level 4 or lower monster(s) is Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy that monster(s).

Battle fader:
    When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then end the Battle Phase. If this card is Special Summoned with this effect, banish it when it leaves the field.

A player summoned battle fader then the other player wanted to use gandiva's effect to destroy it, the admin said that you can activate its effect and destroy it. I did not think you could so I PM the admin and this is what he said.
    Battle Fader VS Torrential Tribute Dn_adm11
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:32 am

Gandiva is like the Rai-oh and solemn judgment you can't use neither of them to negate the battle fader so i think that the admin is wrong
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:08 am

Tzaflidisp wrote:Gandiva is like the Rai-oh and solemn judgment you can't use neither of them to negate the battle fader so i think that the admin is wrong

The admin is wrong but your point is also not-so-right. The difference of Gandiva is that he does not NEGATE. Also, another difference with Gandiva is that, like isaac says, Gandiva misses its activation timing since the last thing to happen was ending the Battle Phase. Finally, the admin was wrong because he thought Fader works like Tragoedia or Gorz, who summon themselves on the Damage Step, although Fader is Summoned in response to the attack, not the damage.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:28 am

Sorry I haven't notice that the Gandiva does not negate the summon.

Topic solved and locked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:49 am