Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Chaining cards from the hand to Wind-up hunter

isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Chaining cards from the hand to Wind-up hunter Empty Chaining cards from the hand to Wind-up hunter

Post  isaac879 Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:01 pm

This situation arose in a game I had on DN I just wanted to make sure that I was right.
    I used Wind-up hunter's effect to send a card from the hand to the grave, my opponent wanted to chain the card I selected (clicked on), which was a D.D. crow. I said that he would have to chain it to the activation of hunter's effect before I selected the card so another card would be sent instead because hunter selects the card at resolution. Is all this right?

Hunter's effect:
    You can Tribute 1 face-up "Wind-Up" monster, except "Wind-Up Hunter"; send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.

D.D. crow's effect:
    During either player's turn: You can discard this card to the Graveyard to target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; banish that target.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Chaining cards from the hand to Wind-up hunter Empty Re: Chaining cards from the hand to Wind-up hunter

Post  tzaflidisp Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:04 pm

These cards have to be used before any card in the hand is chosen. Read Hunter's text.

Choosing cards in your opponent's hand is a random process, which means it is done at resolution. You cannot activate any effects during the resolution of an effect.
    isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Chaining cards from the hand to Wind-up hunter Empty Re: Chaining cards from the hand to Wind-up hunter

Post  isaac879 Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:53 pm

Thanks, this happened in my game for the war against Marshmallonforthewin, he thought you could chain after I selected and after a few minutes of trying to explain he finally let me continue but he did not seem happy about it.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 am

Don't try to explain things if your opponent doesn't understand for that reason is the admins next time do not sit trying to get them to understand the simplest thinks just call an admin

isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Post  isaac879 Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:04 am

It was in unrated for the war so I could not call an admin or quit Rolling Eyes . But he agreed with me after a while.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:15 am

Topic solved and locked

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:54 am