Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
singo94
WarierSolution
Nemessie
isaac879
Reaper of the Cards
wind-up_rabbit
Mits Lee
A7
tristantimothytaylor
13 posters

Dumb Misplays

Nemessie
    Nemessie

Dumb Misplays - Page 2 Empty Re: Dumb Misplays

Post  Nemessie Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:35 am

tzaflidisp wrote:i have see many things for example my opponent attacks to my shi en with leviathan dragon and when i say to him that and the two of them are destroyed he says that leviathan is a number and numbers are destroyed only from other numbers or warning at the gates of dark world because says and "the activation of a spell card" or when i return a dark world monster to hand for the summon of the grapha and my opponent try d. d. crow to grapha and he doesn't understand why he can't do it but the funniest thing is that the stardust can negate the destruction of a field spell from another field spell

i know its hard to believe it but its all true lol!

Returning a Dark World to the hand is a cost btw. I THINK he could chain D.D. Crow because Grapha would no longer be in the Graveyard and could not be special summoned from there.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:45 am

Grapha's summon is an inherent special summon that doesn't start a chain. D.D.Crow cannot be chained to Grapha's summon because no chain is started from Grapha.
    TheDeckGenius
    TheDeckGenius
    Core Team Member

Post  TheDeckGenius Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:30 am

The most popular misplay I see is people booking in the wrong phase, so I can just reflip my monster.

Here is my ultimate story of a misplay upon misplay...I AKA it as *this guy is a dip shit*

I had one game where it was about even in Life points we were both below 1000, and I had a roar set, and that was it. I'm thinking it's over for me, he has an Armageddon knight on the field, and two back rows. His turn, he draws breaker and plays it, attempts to pop my back row and negates himself. He is angry at making the play, but everything is fine. He brings back plague spreader, dumps a card, and plays monster reborn to sync 7. Black Rose. I am getting ready to chain when he states "effect" sacs his rose and I chain roar. He pops his own back rows (bottomless, and I believe the second was a shrink if memory serves). He finishes his turn by removing a light and a dark for chaos sorc, the last card in his hand.

I top deck into a torrential and set it, it's over, I'm fucked. He draws and plays lightsworn ehren, I chain torrential. I top deck into a sangan, and swing for game.

I felt bad for the guy.

*Also, to explain why this guy was running shrinks, arm knights, and breakers is that this was several formats ago when Stardust was the shit, and in order to get over them people would run things like shrink to be able to get over it without triggering the effect"

As for the breaker I imagine it's just a dark monster with a card advantage effect.
    isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Post  isaac879 Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Earlier I was at my local store using my chaos deck. My opponent has no monsters I summon chaos sorcerer and then he uses effect veiler so I attack him any way! lol! I have no idea why he used it.
    WarierSolution
    WarierSolution
    Core Team Member

Post  WarierSolution Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:20 pm

earlier i was duling a Frogarch deck he went first and ended his turn without doing anything (gorz? id say 95 percent chance) so i draw my card wich happened to be limiter removal, so i activate Geartown, special summon Malefic Cyber End Dragon, declare an attack and before damage calculation in substep 3 i activate the limiter removal Very Happy (if u dont know Malefic Cyber End Dragon's stats i recomend u look it up) then he summons out gorz and says it takes the hit... WTF? so i told him the attack hits him and THEN he can use gorz's effect, assuming he didnt loose. then he calledf me a jerk and left...
    wind-up_rabbit
    wind-up_rabbit
    Core Team Member

Post  wind-up_rabbit Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:43 am

TheDeckGenius wrote:The most popular misplay I see is people booking in the wrong phase, so I can just reflip my monster.

Here is my ultimate story of a misplay upon misplay...I AKA it as *this guy is a dip shit*

I had one game where it was about even in Life points we were both below 1000, and I had a roar set, and that was it. I'm thinking it's over for me, he has an Armageddon knight on the field, and two back rows. His turn, he draws breaker and plays it, attempts to pop my back row and negates himself. He is angry at making the play, but everything is fine. He brings back plague spreader, dumps a card, and plays monster reborn to sync 7. Black Rose. I am getting ready to chain when he states "effect" sacs his rose and I chain roar. He pops his own back rows (bottomless, and I believe the second was a shrink if memory serves). He finishes his turn by removing a light and a dark for chaos sorc, the last card in his hand.

I top deck into a torrential and set it, it's over, I'm fucked. He draws and plays lightsworn ehren, I chain torrential. I top deck into a sangan, and swing for game.

I felt bad for the guy.

*Also, to explain why this guy was running shrinks, arm knights, and breakers is that this was several formats ago when Stardust was the shit, and in order to get over them people would run things like shrink to be able to get over it without triggering the effect"

As for the breaker I imagine it's just a dark monster with a card advantage effect.
    This is why you should never do more than you have to. Play it smart. If your already at an advantage don't play anything. in other words, dont fix it if it aint broke. that guy wasnt smart
    TheDeckGenius
    TheDeckGenius
    Core Team Member

Post  TheDeckGenius Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:29 am

Words of wisdom, and truth.
    web kid 45
    web kid 45
    Core Team Member

Post  web kid 45 Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:42 am

yesterday some tried to starlight road my grapha and i called him stupid for doing so and he called an admin for cheating on me XD never laughed so hard in my life
    Zane Truesdale
    Zane Truesdale
    Core Team Member

Post  Zane Truesdale Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:17 am

lol @ web kid

@ Rabbit: That is what they call "conservative play". Don't overextend, don't waste all your cards if he has still some chances on coming back, for example possible gorz at hand, or still some back row.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content