Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Damage step restrictions

isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Damage step restrictions Empty Damage step restrictions

Post  isaac879 Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:28 pm

In the damage step monster effect that negate activations can be activated. The OCG ruling says that Photon strike bounzer can be activated, when it only negate the effect not the activation. Would this ruling be applied to the TCG? This question has been raised on the judge forum but no official answer has been posted as far as I am aware.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Damage step restrictions Empty Re: Damage step restrictions

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:14 am

This is wikia's ruling. Bounzer CAN be activated in the damage step, period.

Damage step restrictions 2ze9s84

The thing is that Bounzer can only negate effects that activate-resolve on the field. So it cannot negate monsters like Gorz, Tragoedia, Fader, Veiler, Honest, Sangan, Mystic Tomato, Plaguespreader Zombie. These kinds of effects activate either in the hand or the graveyard, making them immune to Bounzer.

So Photon Strike Bounzer = On-Field Effects ONLY.

Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:39 am

Reaper of the Cards wrote:This is wikia's ruling. Bounzer CAN be activated in the damage step, period.

Damage step restrictions 2ze9s84

The thing is that Bounzer can only negate effects that activate-resolve on the field. So it cannot negate monsters like Gorz, Tragoedia, Fader, Veiler, Honest, Sangan, Mystic Tomato, Plaguespreader Zombie. These kinds of effects activate either in the hand or the graveyard, making them immune to Bounzer.

So Photon Strike Bounzer = On-Field Effects ONLY.

Then here is another question. I activate Swift Scarecrow. Can my opponent chain Herald of Orange Light to negate it? And if yes, can I then activate another Swift Scarecrow?
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:19 am

Yes your opponent can use Herald of Orange Light to negate it. And no you cannot use another. Herald is spell speed 2, Scarecrow is spell speed 1. You cannot chain spell speed 1 effects to spell speed 2. Actually you cannot chain spell speed 1 to anything.
    isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

Post  isaac879 Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks Reaper but I know the OCG ruling for Bounzer, I wanted to know if this would apply to the TCG and if it did then why? Because as far a I know only monster effects that negate activations can be used in the damage step as well as attack modifiers and counter traps. I do know that any cards Konami says can be used in the damage step can be activated. However this is an OCG ruling and should be restricted by the game mechanics in the TCG.

With Gorz I know it can not negate the effect to summon its self but can it negate the effect to summon a token as that effect activate on the field after it is summoned.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:03 am

KONAMI hasn't published any TCG rulings so far for Bounzer. So we go by OCG rulings. Simple as that.

Topic solved and locked.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:46 am