Hordes of Darkness

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
isaac879
tzaflidisp
Reaper of the Cards
7 posters

September 1st 2012 Forbidden/Limited Cards List

Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

September 1st 2012 Forbidden/Limited Cards List Empty September 1st 2012 Forbidden/Limited Cards List

Post  Reaper of the Cards Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:42 am

Much more balanced than the last one. Kills Dragons, Wind-Up loops and seriously weakens Rabbit. Comment away...

September 1st 2012 Forbidden/Limited Cards List 26279g0
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

September 1st 2012 Forbidden/Limited Cards List Empty Re: September 1st 2012 Forbidden/Limited Cards List

Post  tzaflidisp Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:49 am

Would come the day I played with two mirror forces not even expect
    isaac879
    isaac879
    Core Team Member

September 1st 2012 Forbidden/Limited Cards List Empty Re: September 1st 2012 Forbidden/Limited Cards List

Post  isaac879 Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:46 am

Is this the official OCG list?
    Any ideas why they would limit spore as everyone I know only used one any way, an why they are limiting chaos sorcerer?

This list will destroy most of the decks I play, even my favourite deck with is chaos!!!
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:03 am

isaac879 wrote:Is this the official OCG list?
    Any ideas why they would limit spore as everyone I know only used one any way, an why they are limiting chaos sorcerer?

This list will destroy most of the decks I play, even my favourite deck with is chaos!!!

Yes it is the official OCG list.

Spore, I don't know. Sorcerer is limited because of its rank6 XYZ potential.
    d.gear3414
    d.gear3414
    Core Team Member

Post  d.gear3414 Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 am

no offense for those who play dark worlds but why isnt grapha semi-limited. i sure hate it when it keeps on reviving itself.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:39 am

Sorry man but konami never touches the promo card from a deck
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:47 am

Dark Worlds were tier 2 only because of Inzektors. Which are next-to-dead now, and Dark Worlds will be free to dominate. Their revival ability combined with the only field effect destruction left alive will make the difference. Plus it can contain anti-meta elements, such as Skill Drain.
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:20 am

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

DIE. I spent 12 Euros on a Brionac just yesterday and did not buy the Dark World decks I was going to because I thought it was not worth it.

Is this gonna be the same as the TCG list?
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:07 am

Nemessie wrote:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

DIE. I spent 12 Euros on a Brionac just yesterday and did not buy the Dark World decks I was going to because I thought it was not worth it.

Is this gonna be the same as the TCG list?

Yes it will be the same.
    kowalski
    kowalski
    Judge
    Judge

Post  kowalski Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:21 am

Pros:
    -Lowers the power creep of the current top tiers without killing anything. If your deck does not have unlimited resources it does not mean it's dead, it just takes more skill to play it.
    -Brings back to surface older decks like Agents and tele-dad variants, although quite less powerful.
    -Second mirror force makes the game more controlled and also brings more skill. Same as double torrential.
    -Making sure that unreleashed decks won't be overpowered (Brionac is ridiculous with atlanteans and ultimate offering can do really nasty stuff with madolche and the new machine support. Also, the gustkraken loop is very annoying).

Cons:
    -Reborn still here. This card is just too good to be here, it adds a power play to every deck and can help a lot an unskilled player to win with a topdeck like that. I guess it won't be so bad with the reducement of the power creep but BLS is also here.
    -Not touching decks that should had been touched. This includes Six Sams, Dark World and Solitaire decks like Final Countdown. Dark worlds have power and instant-win cards like Card destruction and Dragged down, not to even mention the Snoww-Gates-Grapha trio, but always needed skill and creativity and still have a lot of weaknesses (that's why I still doubt about their domination next format, but yeah it's very likely). But when it comes to the other two, they are some of the worst decks the game could have. Completely non-creative and auto pilot that stayed untouched and especially six sams with the support of Shadow which can take the meaning of "broken card" to another level, when it comes to Gateway.

I like the banlist a lot, it's propably the best since I started playing and I'm not greedy to ask for more...I give credit to Konami for succesfully addressing the problem cards at last.
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:52 am

Reborn is one of the most famous cards in YGO. Limiting it is enough, it gives every player the chance to turn the tables. Brio also should remain Limited, its effect does not banish/destroy, also, if you summon him, that means you have already wasted some cards in your hand, and in order for him to become useful, you must discard more cards. Although this knocks out Xyz Monsters, Synchros, Fusions and some other Special Summon monsters, it is still not that useful against Judgment, perhaps Chaos Monsters, does not hurt REDMD, helps Grapha re-use its effect. As for Future Fusion, this kills the Tier 5 Worms and weakens a lot of decks. To me, the current Meta will now be something like this:

Tier 1:
    Dark World
    Hieratic
    Six Samurai
    HERO
    Burn Deck

Tier 2:
    Chaos Dragon
    Inzektor
    Dino Rabbit
    Wind-Up
    Agent
    Blackwing

Not complete, and mentioning mostly the decks the previous posts mentioned, just saying that these decks will go to these Tiers. Burn goes Tier 1 due to the unlimiting of Area B, Swords and Magic Cylinder. Do you agree in the Tier List with me?
    kowalski
    kowalski
    Judge
    Judge

Post  kowalski Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:54 am

Turning the tables in a game should be achieved by thinking, bluffing, mind tricks or any strategic play. Not because a single card can give you so easily that opportunity.
    Brionac was powerful enough to be at 1 and now with the atlanteans, he only became more powerful. He, therefore got banned.
    Future Fusion has always been a stupid card. Either by dumping 5 dragons, either a malicious and a treeborn, or 500 machines it just isn't fair. Worms never affected the meta and no deck relies on a single card to win. Weakens what else? Synchro Fusionist?
    As for the list, it's way too early to call...There are many new decks ready to come out with great potential to become tier. That list might be correct if this was the current format's banlist.
    And marshmallon went to 2, gravity bind to 3, level limit to 2, swords to 2 and Stall still was crap...Now marshmallon went to 3 and Level limit to 3 and Stall still will be crap. These cards are too weak these days and Level limit and swords are not even used in Burn. Magic Cylinder could boost it even more, though
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:59 am

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am mostly mentioning the archetypes other users posted, archetypes that already are in the 2012 Tiers. I am only saying that those will likely be in those tiers. As for Future Fusion, I see your point. Monster Reborn though should remain in 1. Not 0, not 2. Such cards should always exist, at least as Limited, so that you can put your hopes in that card you will topdeck. It is THE staple, and 98% of the existing decks could really use it. It is fair because both players have an equal chance of drawing it. If you have an empty field+hand and your opponent has 2+ monsters and you are gonna lose if you take a few more hits, TT is not gonna help you that much, Dark Hole will allow your opponent to direct on the next turn, Heavy will not take down the monsters. Reborn makes duels more interesting, because even if not in a pinch, it can allow you to Xyz or Synchro easily. Thinking is too general. Bluffing and Mind Tricks depend on the opponent too much.

1 thing that we can be sure of is that many Tier 2 decks will upgrade, especially DarkWorlds.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 am

With this banlist not only the darkworlds are helped but and the six samurai no with the double mirror and reasoning. Heroes will do even worse things with mirror, super poly and mask change. Inzector still gone play and the wind up without their loop. The only thing that hieratic can do is their loop and no is as good as dead.Burn decks will play for sure. All the unskilled players will play final countdown decks. For the chaos dragon things are difficult without their foolish (future fusion), REDMD and with 1 sorcerer can't do much.
    kowalski
    kowalski
    Judge
    Judge

Post  kowalski Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:36 pm

I've never seen Six Sams playing Reasoning. Heroes were never "bad" to be considered now "even worse". They were a reasonably powered and balanced deck and it remains as such. Double mirror force helps them but it also hurts them when used against them. One Duality and one Emergency call less can reduce their consistency, especially if their stratos gets veilered. And I never understood all this fuzz about Super Poly. It's a good card, but not so great. Yeah, now you can take down grapha too, but guess what, he will come back next turn. You think you could have an inzektor-free turn, but they might just one Call or Zektkalibur away to get it back. I don't think those things deserve the cost of 1 card. It would surely help them in the Six Sam match up though.

And finaly, as for Final Countdown, if that's true, then it will be much easier to prevail since they would cry if they saw a single decree...
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:42 pm

kowalski wrote:I've never seen Six Sams playing Reasoning. Heroes were never "bad" to be considered now "even worse". They were a reasonably powered and balanced deck and it remains as such. Double mirror force helps them but it also hurts them when used against them. One Duality and one Emergency call less can reduce their consistency, especially if their stratos gets veilered. And I never understood all this fuzz about Super Poly. It's a good card, but not so great. Yeah, now you can take down grapha too, but guess what, he will come back next turn. You think you could have an inzektor-free turn, but they might just one Call or Zektkalibur away to get it back. I don't think those things deserve the cost of 1 card. It would surely help them in the Six Sam match up though.

And finaly, as for Final Countdown, if that's true, then it will be much easier to prevail since they would cry if they saw a single decree...

Six Sams played Reasoning. In the old days. 100% agree with your point on HEROes. Super Poly is a great card though, merely for stealing your monster and being immune to negation.

Dark Worlds and Inzektors will still dominate this format. The first because it now has an "open" road ahead of it, and the second because it is too versatile (toolbox deck) to die so easily.
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:52 pm

The legendary samurai its true that they haven't play reasoning but in their older form they have use it. The heroes is really good but I don't think that without 1 duality and 1 emergency call they will have any difference as for super poly yeah its a good card and useless if you use it on grapha but in a deck that uses only specific cards can be very hard blow. For the inzectors its true that I don't like them so I haven't check it how they will work now.
    And as for the decks that I believe that will play like crazy now its the countdown and burn decks.
    Nemessie
    Nemessie

Post  Nemessie Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:57 am

To make it clear. I think we all know what will happen to the Inzektors. They will still abuse that 1 Hornet. As we know, most of the times it is hard to get rid of 1 Hornet. Because they don't expect to draw Hornet, they will rely on Centipede in order to search it. Of course, they will rely much less on it, and now we will see the Inzektors' true purpose. Xyz Summoning. This is what they were made for in the first place. We will see more combos from them, it will take some more skill to run them.
    singo94
    singo94
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  singo94 Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:32 pm

kowalski wrote:I've never seen Six Sams playing Reasoning. Heroes were never "bad" to be considered now "even worse". They were a reasonably powered and balanced deck and it remains as such. Double mirror force helps them but it also hurts them when used against them. One Duality and one Emergency call less can reduce their consistency, especially if their stratos gets veilered. And I never understood all this fuzz about Super Poly. It's a good card, but not so great. Yeah, now you can take down grapha too, but guess what, he will come back next turn. You think you could have an inzektor-free turn, but they might just one Call or Zektkalibur away to get it back. I don't think those things deserve the cost of 1 card. It would surely help them in the Six Sam match up though.

I used heroes since i first came on DN. I think the reason behind limiting the consistency is the fact ALOT of people now play e hero decks. Its annoying for orignal users and stupid as heroes can easily be countered if you have the right side deck. Pees me off a little. Also countdown decks are one of the most annoying decks in life! xD. I suppose im just gunna side 3 bribes now after this.
    Reaper of the Cards
    Reaper of the Cards
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Reaper of the Cards Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:09 pm

singo94 wrote:

I used heroes since i first came on DN. I think the reason behind limiting the consistency is the fact ALOT of people now play e hero decks. Its annoying for orignal users and stupid as heroes can easily be countered if you have the right side deck. Pees me off a little. Also countdown decks are one of the most annoying decks in life! xD. I suppose im just gunna side 3 bribes now after this.

Dark Snake Syndrome
    Ectoplasmer
    Wave-Motion Cannon
    Stealth Bird
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:56 am

Reaper of the Cards wrote:
    isaac879 wrote:Is this the official OCG list?

Yes it is the official OCG list.

Spore, I don't know. Sorcerer is limited because of its rank6 XYZ potential.

Also this list is the same and in the TCG

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Post  Guest Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:36 am

Hieratic can be by control?Grapha must see semi-limited!!! e.e
    tzaflidisp
    tzaflidisp
    Supervisor
    Supervisor

Post  tzaflidisp Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:46 am

Sergio111 wrote:Hieratic can be by control?Grapha must see semi-limited!!! e.e

I can't understand what do you mean about the hieratic as for the second the game has more powerful cards to fear the grapha

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:21 pm